October is National Fire Prevention Month, and we’re here to make sure your business is prepared and equipped to take action should one occur. Here are some tips for preventing fires in your workplace:
- Conduct a fire drill at least once a year to keep employees aware of workplace fire safety protocol.
- Install fire alarms, smoke detectors, and a sprinkler system.
- Check power cords regularly for fraying and follow manufacturer recommendations for maximum wattage when using power strips.
- Leave space behind appliances that heat up, such as coffee machines, toaster ovens, and computers to allow them to cool down properly.
- Keep a first-aid kit in case of fire injuries.
- Post a fire evacuation plan in several spots around the office.
When it comes to fire safety, prevention is key. Take precautions to protect your customers, employees, and your property; contact an agent at Latorre Insurance, or start a free online quote for a Commercial Insurance policy today.